Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oh my Zambia

It's been a pretty long time since I've talked about my soon to be trip to Zambia. Roughly 19% of children under the age of 18 are orphans due to AIDS, life as an orphan is not easy. Orphans are considered a burden to most people in Zambia, most families make about $1 a day so no one likes having an extra mouth to feed. These children are regularly beaten, raped, and abused. No child anywhere deserves what these children go through.

Their hearts become hard, they become angry, and the cycle of abuse just continues on. They have to be shown that there is hope, that they are loved, that even though their earthly family are terrible there is a God that loves them and has a wonderful future planned out for them. While it is sadly impossible to keep all of them fed and safe we can at least show them hope. And show them that God is bigger than the evils that surround them.

That is what I want to do this summer. Sadly the trip is kind of expensive, plane tickets are not cheap. So I would just like to ask for a small donation just $5 or $10, anything helps. If you don't want to donate if you could just say a small prayer for the children, me, or anyone else that is called to go to these children.

For more information on the organization I'm going with click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment