Thursday, August 15, 2013

Be soft

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."

I never realized how hard that was to follow. This has been my mantra for so long and sure it's difficult but it's never been as hard as it it now. "Do not let the world make you hard," is so so hard. Especially when the whole world seems to be against you. Marriage? Nah your fiancĂ© will choose to leave 2 months before the wedding. Here's a job that'll give you a discount on your kid, but you'll always butt heads with your coworker and you won't make enough to support yourself at all. Friends? Hahaha that's funny. 

How do you stay soft and sweet? Everything is telling me to turn my heart to stone, to become bitter and hard. Life is much easier that way. 

"Come to me all who are burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11-28

And that is how we stay soft and sweet. The world may tell us to be one way but what's the point of living if you're bitter?

No comments:

Post a Comment