Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dry season

I have been going through a rather rough dry season with my faith, for it seems to be the past year or so. It's not like my faith has gone away. it's just there. Not growing, wavering, or anything really. Just there. And it shouldn't just be there. I want it to be growing, I almost feel spiritually dead and it's terrible. I still pray everyday, try to read the bible (willingly and excitedly) every day, and nothings happening.

I recently told a good friend about it whose in ministry school and he said it's like what happened with Job, and I don't know about you but I don't want anything that's related to Job, just not as extreme. He had his dry season where he didn't hear from God and all he could do was persevere and wait for it to end. So apparently that's where I'm at and it's not even like things are bad, life has actually been pretty great recently and I've been really blessed.

Even though life has still been good I can't wait for this dry season to be over. It's like when your sick and trying to eat something but it just doesn't taste like how you know it should. But I guess all I can do is keep on persevering!


    "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment