Thursday, July 24, 2014

Communication with a stutterer

Melody is a stutter. My poor baby girl stutters, one on one it's not that bad and at home it's barely even noticeable. This is until she gets upset or excited. I never stuttered, though I did have to go to speech therapy, so I'm not entirely sure on the right way to go about it. Since it has gone down I've been waiting to put her in speech therapy but we'll see how she does with it in pre-k.

What I've found works best with her is to keep my eyes on her, show her I'm interested and that I'm paying attention to her. I want her to know that what she says is importance and that in turn boosts her confidence. I hope that with her confidence boosted she'll be able to take her time and be able to get her words out. It seems to be working so far!

In school though it's a different story. She's very soft spoken and it's hard to hear her. Especially in a class full of rowdy boys, it's very easy for her to just not be heard. Her teachers say that her confidence has grown and that she enjoys raising her hand and answering questions but in a room full of 4-5 years it can be hard for any child to get out a full sentence, let alone one that stutters. Children don't have as much patience as adults do and I'm worried about their kindness as she gets older.

It seems to be in groups she has the most difficulty, her teachers do encourage her to talk and take the time to listen, but hopefully with realizing that what she has to say is important will help her continue to speak up regardless of the stuttering or maybe even overcome it all together!

Do you have any tips for stuttering?

1 comment:

  1. 成人影片線上看-美女真人秀視頻直播
    傻妹妺情網色網免費影片區-真人互動視頻直播社區
    go2av免費線上A片-mfc視訊視頻福利
    熊貓貼圖區-台灣視訊福利視頻
    春天貼圖情色網 成人貼圖區-av裸聊直播間
    JP 情色貼圖區-qq同城聊天室
    嘟嘟成人網-免費視頻裸聊網站
    麗的情小遊戲-免費裸聊qq號碼
    情˙色線上看免費85-真人秀場在線聊天室
    情˙色文小說 少年-啪啪午夜直播app
    色群視頻秀91KShow娛樂社區免費網聊視頻聊天室免費A片網站免費毛片網站論壇視訊妹小魚
    美女裸泳照視頻衡水視頻聊天室同城一夜i情聊天室黑絲網襪極致誘惑激情熟女網免費視訊妹
    美女裸體的視頻衡水網絡情緣聊天室伴遊網約炮在線看片毛網站日本倫理片網址qq視訊妹
    七喜視頻社區股票聊天室同城一夜i情交友室亞洲色成人網日本AV成人影院騎馬舞視訊妹
    51vv視頻社區下載潮人街視頻聊天室零愛約炮網成人毛片免費情色電影網址視訊美女173

    ReplyDelete