Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

Well I did it. I made it through 2013. I was the best and worst. Full of love and heartbreak. I'm glad to leave the year behind but I'm also sad to see it go. I had such high hopes. But now its a new year; new hopes, new dreams, maybe even a new love.

I got to finish of the year by getting a 2nd degree burn on the back of my leg. Great way to finish off a not so great year, huh? This morning Melody woke up at 5 with her first bad sore throat and cried for almost 2 hours straight, my poor baby. So we were able to just stay in and watch movies and play games. I really wish I had more Melody time, she's so wonderful.



She got the Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel game for Christmas and she is in love with it! Which I'm glad, I'm a huge board game fan and I wasn't sure how she'd do since she's so into imaginative play but she really enjoys it. Speaking of Melody and love. She has a boyfriend. Like they hold hands in school and when I drop her off he stops what he's doing to go hug her. Then randomly at home or the store or anywhere I always hear, "Mommy, I'm going to marry Lincoln. We're going to dance at the ball. He's very handsome."

She slays me. And now I am slightly regretting talking to her so much about marriage since she always ends those talks with, "Mommy, why aren't you marrying Ryan anymore?" or "Don't worry Mommy, we'll find you a boy to marry." Thanks kid.

Well heres to a new year and hopefully a new and better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment